Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thanksgiving Centerpiece Craft...

Click the image to download a copy of the instructions and pattern

Hello there!

I finally have a chance to sit down and write this post.  It's been a busy week.  My sister was here from out of state for a week, plus I had a bunch of projects to finish up on before deadlines. Whew!  I made it.

Just when I thought that Fall was in the air, Mother Nature throws us a curve ball.  It was 90 degrees here today.  The unfortunate part is that the heat wave like that spawned some wicked tornado storms to the north east.  My heart goes out to all of the people in the areas hit by the tornadoes.

I have been busy working on some new materials for my store.  I have one really big project coming off the presses tonight.  Did you say you'd like a little hint?  Hmm.... "Snow time like the present..." to post some new activities.  Did you get it? :)

Today's post is about a Thanksgiving Centerpiece idea that I had a couple years ago.  You'll have to excuse this Blog post, it'll have just the one picture.   This particular project was featured in a publication, so I just had the one image that was sent to press.  I came up with this idea while I was kicked back daydreaming about thanksgiving leftovers. (No, not really....but it sounds good?)      I thought it would be fun for kids to make centerpieces that go on the table for the Thanksgiving holiday.  This is something that they can make with just a little assistance.

You can use materials that you have around the house (recycled soup can, construction paper, googly eyes, etc).  The materials list is located on the instruction sheet.  Just click on the photo above for the instruction sheet.  It also includes the head, beak, and waddle pattern.

Do you have plans for Thanksgiving?  Do you travel to visit family and friends or do you stay home?   Our holiday is pretty low-key.  We used to have a pretty big gathering where my Mom would spend all day cooking all of this amazing food, and we'd sit down and eat at the end of the day.  I think my Mom has the best stuffing recipe ever!  {I imagine that everybody thinks that about their own Mom's stuffing!}

I hope that you all enjoy your holiday.  I'll have another post before the big T-day to share details on a project I am participating in..... in case some of you are traveling, I wanted to send holiday greetings.

12 days until Thanksgiving!!!

Have an amazing week!



P.S.  I almost forgot to mention that Hanukkah begins on Wednesday, November 27th this year!  If you are looking for last minute activities to share with your students,  I do have a Hanukkah Activity Pack in my store:  


Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights begins on Wednesday, November 27th. This packet features Hanukkah themed materials, featuring symbols and terminology. 

Included:
1. Hanukkah Math Mats and Coin Counters
2. Hanukkah Card Game
3, Dreidel Game (featuring printable Dreidel and instructions)
4. Menorah / Candle Number Match
5. Hanukkah Cut and Paste Little Book
6. Hanukkah / Christmas Venn Diagram (with answer key)
7. Hanukkah Word Search (with answer key)
8. Hanukkah Writing Sheet
9. Hanukkah Coloring Sheets (Dreidel, Star of David, Menorah)
10.Hanukkah Color by Letter Sheet




Classroom Freebies Manic Monday



1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!