Saturday, June 29, 2013

4th of July - Currently


Hi there!

The last few months, I have participated in Farley's link up, Currently!  I love this idea.  I like the creative style, but I also like taking time out to reflect in order to answer the questions.  It also is FUN to "meet" some new bloggers, and visit other's pages.

If you haven't visited Farley's Blog,  Oh' Boy Fourth Grade, click on the link below!   You will be happy that you did!

The last few days,  I've been feeling a little bit under the weather.  That is almost funny, because the "weather" is what started making me feel a bit crummy.  Living here in south has it's charms, but excessive heat is not one of them. :)
It's hay season... believe it or not, I'm thankful to see the hay being cut.  Last year, this time, we were in the middle of a pretty bad drought. The grass didn't grow hardly at all, which meant farmers across the country had to sell out their herds (which made prices on milk, meat go way up).  The grass in the fields in places are so tall that you cannot see the deer, and my herd of goats when they are out grazing.  It's perfect for the deer to have their summer fawns.  



Listening:  I am listening to the show Numb3rs on Netflix.  I can't believe they stopped making this show.  I like the characters, but also all of the "math" talk.   I like to play movies while I am working.  The noise helps me focus.  

Loving:  It's hard not to think about the freedom that I have living in the U.S.  4th of July isn't about picnics and fireworks to me.  I love that I can write what I want to on my Blog.  I love that I have the freedom to draw, create, and share with teachers all over the world.  I love that I have the freedom to be ME.  

Thinking:  I was thinking about all of the tasks I completed today. Not too bad!  I gave my Facebook page a mini-makeover, including re-doing the "freebie" page.  I am in the middle of giving my Blog a little face lift.  I also designed a couple custom orders.   

Wanting:  Not everyone that you will come into contact, or network with always have your best interest at heart or appreciates/likes you for who you are.  Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that not everyone claiming to be my friend really were. Nobody should ever have to apologize for being who they are, or for being too smart or funny, or for being better at something.  The friends I cherish love me unconditionally WITH my flaws, smarts, and sense of humor! So my WANTING is "to forgive" those who were unkind to me this week. The loss is theirs. A heavy weight has lifted from my heart, and shoulders. My smile has returned, and I am free to be me. Just me. ;)

Needing:  A.cabana.boy.to.make.me.a.fresh.drink! :)    Yep, the "cabana boy" has been on my Currently before.  A girl can hope, right? :)

Tips/Tricks/Hints:    I don't know about you, but I think of my Blog (or website) as an extension of me.  Just like I move things around in my house,  I also like to move things around and change the "DECOR" of my pages.  I know some may question if it's a good thing to do or not with branding, but it definitely CAN be a good thing for branding.  I try not to go more than a month or two without changing some little thing on my Blog. My customers and readers notice it right away, which is good thing!  It tells me that they are paying attention, and enjoy seeing what I have to offer!


I hope that everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July here in the States - and a fabulous SUMMER!!


7 comments:

  1. Hi - I'm heading over from Farley's currently! I agree - it's great to meet up with other bloggers that I might not have stumbled across normally. It's tough for us Middle School bloggers to get out there, we're a smaller group! :)

    Lauren
    Life In Middle School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Found your blog from Farley's Currently, also! As I was reading your "Tips" section, I also wrote that I also feel that my "blog" is an extension of me! Great minds think alike! LOL! :-) I also like the idea of adding a new element to my blog-- if only I could figure that out and I see you have some links so I will check that out!

    Your newest follower,
    Leslie
    First Grade and Flip Flops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm also from Farley's Currently linkup. Can I tell you how much your tips and hints section meant to me? This is my very first linky
    (YAY!) and I've been delaying being active on my blog because I thought it didn't look "perfect" and I wanted to wait until it was just how I wanted it. I was so worried about my brand looking just so that I wasn't actually blogging.

    I think it was quite serendipitous that you noted on the same idea! Thank you, as "new meat" I really appreciate the advice!

    Bridget
    Hardcore Teacher Resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle,
    I love the new look! I also like your remarks on Currently. You are so talented and it shows in everything you do!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I love the tips that you gave. I'm looking forward to reading some more from your blog . . .you are the first blog I've added using bloglovin'.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too was disappointed when Numb3rs was cancelled :( I enjoyed reading your remarks in your currently.
    Laureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that cabana boy idea! Yes... forgive is important. It's easier said then done ;) Love your fresh little blog updates.

    Happy to follow you! (in cyberworld that is)

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!